To the vacationers on budget, there is nothing like finding a place to park their RV for free. We have heard about cash-strapped RV-ers queuing up for the free parking spaces in front of Wal-Mart and truck stops. But very few are aware of the free parking opportunities at casinos. The good news is that most of the establishments offer free overnight parking for a few days. A few casinos may require you to be a customer in order to avail of their parking facility (and that is fair, isn’t it?), while many other let you park your rig at their adjoining RV campground for a nominal fee. Some properties allow you to use their dump stations for free, while a few offer on-site hookups facility.
Why Opt for Casino Camping?
Free overnight parking is not the only benefit of using the ground at casinos; there are many more:
- You are allowed to stay in a casino ground for a few days at a stretch. It gives you a kind of free base camp to explore a particular region at a lesser price.
- Most of the casinos allow you to unhitch your rig.
- The parking areas are well lit and patrolled, so that you get a good night’s sleep after a hectic day on the road.
- You can enjoy scrumptious food at their restaurants at discounted price.
Casino Camping Tips
Here are a few tips to make the most of your stay at a casino ground:
- Before parking your rig, ask the security guy whether it is fine to park there or not, and for how long the free parking is available.
- Unlike the RV parks, you are not allowed to set up camp in casino grounds, which means you may be required to switch your generator off, roll-in your awnings and avoid scattering your things outside your unit. Don’t dump your trash there.
- Even if you are not a big fan of gambling, there is no harm in spending a little cash on their games – a nice way of saying thanks for their free parking.
- All casinos have their own ‘player’s clubs’. Sign up for big discounts on their restaurant meals.
Casino camping is fun. Try it and save big bucks.