When you’re traveling on the road for a long time or camping, you start missing the simple creature comforts. RV owners are exempt from the rule though, as a rig is basically a home away from home. And depending on the available space, you can install different kinds of appliances to make your lives easier and more convenient. Take, for example, a washing machine. Now, when you’re thinking about purchasing a motor home, a washing machine may not be a priority; in fact, it might’ve skipped your mind altogether. However, you’d be surprised at just how an RV equipped with a washer and dryer can save you from running one of the most boring chores – doing laundry — on the road. A reliable RV washing machine will give you access to your personal Laundromat 24X7. If you crave that convenience, keep the following information in mind:
Types of RV Washing Machines
You will find three main variants in the market:
- Portable RV Washer and Dryer
- RV Washer and Dryer Combo
- RV Stackable Washer and Dryer
Each of these models can again be divided into two categories viz. vented and non-vented.
- Vented: Vented RV washing machines dry clothes using the room air. You need to drill a hole to accommodate the exhaust vent of these appliances in your motor home.
- Non-Vented: When drying your clothes, non-vented machines increase the temperature of the air inside the drum. While effective, a lot of time and water is required to get the job done.
Portable RV Washer and Dryer
You will find both manual and electrical portable models in the market. While they don’t hold much laundry, they are great if you are working with a limited amount of space inside your RV due to the compact design. What’s more, they consume a minimal amount of electricity and are also quite water-efficient.
RV Washer and Dryer Combo
A popular choice among motor home owners, these machines use a single drum for washing and drying clothes. They can easily switch between operations without any user input. They can fit small spaces comfortable and are easy to use. Both vented and non-vented models are manufactured.
RV Stackable Washer and Dryer
If you have a large family and typically have to do a lot of laundry on a regular basis, this is the washing machine for you. They have an impressive load capacity and can dry and wash clothes simultaneously. These vented units help dry your clothes quickly without using any additional amount of water.
If you take long trips in your motor home, you should know how important it is to have an easy-to-use and functional washing machine. Choose the perfect model from the three basic types of RV washers and dryers described above. And if you are contemplating an RV upgrade and need additional assistance in buying a rig, feel free to contact us here.
So, you are all set to hit the roads of North America in your newly bought luxury RV! No doubt, you are going to enjoy the experience thoroughly. Perhaps, you will not be in a mood to follow your nutritionist’s advice while holidaying. And the result? You may end up binging on those sinful gas station treats without considering their effects on your poor digestive system. But won’t it be a complete mess if you are down with a stomach upset due to repetitive consumption of junk food? Well, we all know that you can’t imagine RV-ing without those snacking breaks, but that doesn’t mean you have to chuck out all the healthy eating habits while vacationing. Let’s take a look at some of the most classic road trip snacks options that you can gorge on without guilt pangs.
• Beef Jerky – We all know that protein is one of the best hunger satisfying nutrients. Try collecting these dried, lean meat strips from the organic groceries or natural food stores. These healthy, yet savory treats contain a lesser amount of fat and help keep the insulin level of your blood in check.
• Spreads – Nutella and peanut butter are the ideal no-mess snacks for RV-ers. Whether you scoop it out with a spoon and lick or spread it on celery sticks, sliced apples, cookies or crackers, this delicious, healthy oil-rich food paste offers you the most hassle-free way to satiate your between-the-meal food cravings.
• Salads – RV-ing becomes all the more enjoyable when you remain fit as a fiddle throughout the trip. And to ensure that, you must include some green vegetables in your diet. Neatly pack veggies like baby carrots, radishes, cherry potatoes, and sliced green peppers in air-tight boxes. Use separate dressings for each portion and enjoy your veggie snacks without creating any mess.
Keeping some of these snacks ready at hand will help you enjoy RVing the most. And in case, you are on the lookout for a luxury motor home, we can show you some of the best deals. Get in touch with us today and expect to get some of the most exciting offers on RVs.
If it has been long since when you have taken a tour in your RV, this winter is high time to plan a trip and what could be better than vacationing at the serene Lake Placid? There are reasons why the combination of Lake Placid and winter has become so popular among tourists. Would like to know why? Here you go –
Be a witness of Winter Olympics – Being a two time host to the Winter Olympics, Lake Placid offers plenty of winter sports for the real deal Olympians as well as for the mass. So if you are a sports enthusiast and yearn to awaken the dormant Olympic champ in you, start prepping your motor home for a trip to this snow-covered paradise.
Taste Freshly Crafted Brews – If you are in Lake Placid during the winter, you get to taste freshly brewed beer. By taking a tour of the local breweries, you get to choose the beer of your preference from an amazing range of styles and types.
Savor the Mountain Cuisine – Whether you are a foodie or not, the delicious mountain cuisine of Lake Placid is going to impress you for sure. Right from the comfort food and the staples to the all-you-can-eat-buffet, you can find everything in this scenic vacation spot.
Get that Adrenaline Rush – It’s needless to say that if you are in Lake Placid during the winter, you get to live through probably the most amazing skiing experience of your life. Winding down the extremely vertical drop will surely give you that adrenaline rush, for which you have been waiting since long.
Walk Through Canyons – Behold one of the USA’s most spectacular canyons at High Falls Gorge and appreciate the jaw-dropping plunge. Located on the northeastern side of Lake Placid, this canyon can be accessed through Route 86. For more adventure, park your RV by the roadside and take some easy hikes along footpaths, winding through the woods to see some of the country’s most dramatic waterfalls.
Well, these are the top five reasons why you need to be in Lake Placid in the winters. Make sure your RV is in top notch condition so that you don’t have to face any unwanted hassle during the journey. If you are looking for an upgrade before starting the trip, get in touch with us here.