More and more people are identifying “going green” as one of their New Year’s resolutions. Concern for our impact on the environment is a hot topic today, and RVers can be especially attuned to the earth due to the amount of time they spend around nature.
If you travel in a motor home and you are interested in helping to reduce your footprint while on the road, here are a few tips to help you keep this New Year’s resolution.
- Travel with more people
- Reduce water consumption
- Recycle paper and plastic silverware and water bottles
- Use fewer disposable dishes
- Keep campfires small to reduce the amount of ash released into the air
- Purchase and use nontoxic cleaning supplies and tank additives
- Use nature as air conditioning: Use natural shade, open windows, or awnings to cool off. Use sunlight through unshaded windows and natural barriers from the wind to stay warm
- Keep on top of vehicle maintenance to reduce emissions and improve gas mileage
- Make use of LED lights to save energy
- Reduce your speed on hills and enjoy the view
All of these small actions and more can help you reduce the impact that your motor home trips have on the environment in 2019. The RV lifestyle is one that promotes a strong connection to nature, so take care of that natural beauty you love to experience by going green this year!
Motor Home Finders is a licensed motor home broker based in New Port Richey, Florida. Specializing in diesel, luxury motor homes and bus conversions, Motor Home Finders has 50+ years of experience in buying and selling luxury RVs nationwide. Their mission is to eliminate the difficult efforts of private sellers trying to sell their recreational vehicle by orchestrating a seamless RV transaction process. To learn more, call 1-888-783-4009 or visit motorhomefinders.com.